Thus Spake Rama

A small attempt at blogging!! I will mostly be writing down funny incidents in my life and travels.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

funny happening at humayun tomb...


I was in delhi on 25th Nov and had planned to visit humayun tomb.(HT) I was staying with a friend near H.nizamuddin station. I asked an autowala to take me to HT. he said the route is a long one and will cost more money. Instead of that, he offered to drop me on one side of nizamuddin station and advised me to cross the station and walk from there (which apparently was 5 min rastaa)......i diligently followed him......got down at the station, walked to the other side and then enquired how to get to HT. Ppl there pointed me to a gate in the station parking lot and asked me to jump over it. I cursed the auto wala and these ppl for making me do such stupid things. But as I had no choice, I did exactly as they said. The other side of the gate has a road adjacent to it. The road leads to a side entrance of HT. So I took the road and reached the said side entrance. There was no one to stop me there, so i happily entered HT, went around the place for 2 hours, enjoying the majestic monument. I congratulated myself that for the first time ever, i am gettting away without paying for tix(i know.....that bad)

At 11:00 am i decided to leave the place and walked towards the gate (not the one i entered thru but the one thru which everyone enters), all along smiling that i am not paying the money i needed to. To my utter disbelief I noted a turnstile (look at the pic if u dont know wat it is) at the exit gate. All smiles had disappeared. I thought this is god's way of asking me to pay up. I went to the security guy and said "Bhaiya, I lost my tix somewhere. Kyaa karoo? App mere liye naye tix lenge?" The fellow gave me a 2-min lecture on how careful i shud be and bought a tix for me(with my money that is). Just when I was about the enter the turnstile........i noted the others who were going thru it...and to my disappointment.....none of them had a tix....and the turnstile is not working the way it shud....u just had to push it and it rotated allowing everyone to go thru!!!!!!

life is so funny sometimes..........

2 Comments:

At 3:23 AM, Blogger Ashish said...

ROFL :D
Nice theme to blog about. Life pulls so many pranks on us unknowingly. The so called common sense eludes us just when required. The best we can do is laugh at them!

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger aneez said...

U must be ashamed of not paying for the visit :). Anyway u got spanked big time in the end.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home